"Welcome to Braziel" is the personal blog of Jenny Braziel.
This blog documents the exciting endeavors of Jenny and Ben Braziel and their dog Ruthie. Within this blog you will find helpful marriage tips, life balance advice, and personalized product recommendations.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Go Sports! Hit That Ball!

I have never cared about sports.  I have never understood why people get all loud and crazy when they root for their team or why people enjoy watching sports.  I have never played on a team for any sport or wanted to play on one. Thankfully, I even married a man who doesn't care about sports.  

Now that I'm married, I have finally found a sport that I love to play.  

Marriage is my favorite sport!!


Go team Braziel!!! 


Whooooooo! We are the best team everrrr! 


Finally a game that I can get invested in! We've gotta play hard and give it our best shot so we can win! 

Here's a glimpse into one of the plays in our daily playbook:

In the morning as soon as we wake up, Ben starts putting the ingredients in our blender for our green smoothie and I start making our coffee.  I open the fridge to get the ice to cool down our coffee and I'll hand him the bags of frozen spinach and banana for our smoothie (No, it doesn't taste horrible.) He starts the smoothie blending, proceeds to pour our the coffee, and put honey and creamer in my coffee.  Meanwhile, I have retrieved blankets and put  them over our blender (so that it's not so loud).  Then we find ourselves together again drinking our victory coffee while the smoothie blends and high-fiving each other on our successful teamwork.  We don't talk about this, it is just one of the plays in our playbook.  

We both know what it takes to win.  We know our role on the team and we work together to make it happen! We have several plays like this in our playbook.  A few others include straightening up the house, gathering and taking out the trash, packing for a trip, preparing dinner, etc. 

We have long term goals that we have set out to achieve together and we are working together to find balance in all aspects of our lives.   We work together as a team in order to win big in the areas of finances, sleep, exercise, healthy eating, spiritual life, romantic life, work, leisure, etc.  

 Lately, we have found ourselves saying things like, "Go team!" or "Good team work, babe!" after we have put these plays into action. Finally…I understand sports!  We have even started referring to our dog, Ruthie, as our mascot.  I say we need jerseys, but Ben is a little worried that our team colors would be a girly shade of mint or teal.  He's probably right.

As super bowl season approaches (...I think…or did that happen already?), remember to root not only for your favorite sports team, but also the team you formed on the day you got married.  Go team! 

1 comment:

  1. You're one of our favorite teams!!!! Dad and I are your biggest fans!

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete